Dropbox: Get Extra Space Free
If you already have a Dropbox account you may be familiar with their referral program, that if you invite a friend and they sign up both you and that friend get an extra 250mb free. You can do this up to a maximum of 8gb. Well I found out there is yet another way to get more space on Dropbox for free.
Dropbox has a page that is quietly available that gives a few more options to get some more space. Basically you will need a Facebook and a Twitter account, and then go to https://www.dropbox.com/free. This will allow you the following options:
- You get an extra 128mb for connecting your Twitter account with Dropbox.
- You get an extra 128mb for connect your Facebook account with Dropbox.
- You get an extra 128mb for following @Dropbox on Twitter.
- You get an extra 128mb for telling Dropbox why you love them.
- You get an extra 128mb for tweeting about Dropbox.
So if you are OK connecting your Twitter and Facebook accounts to Dropbox and shouting out how awesome they are, you can get a total of 640mb of extra storage space. I have already done this and it worked out great, as I have no problem yelling from the roof tops for everyone to check out Dropbox.