Gmail: Custom Themes
Earlier this week Gmail released the ability to set your own custom themes in its web interface. Basically this means you can set your own background photo in your Gmail. I didn’t think too much of it at the time, but after setting it I really like it. So if you want to set your own custom wallpaper in your Gmail, this is what you have to do.
- Log in to you Gmail account.
- Click on the cog icon on the right side of your screen and go into Themes.
- Scroll down until you get to the Custom Themes section.
- You can pick either Light or Dark. This is really referring to your Gmail menus, do you want them to be white or black.
- Underneath the Light or Dark options there is a link to Change your background image, click on this.
- You can select a photo from some of the ones they have displayed, or Upload your own by choose Upload photos.
- Click Select photos from your computer, and choose the one you want to upload.
- It should upload it and set it as the background image of your Gmail account.
You may have to play around with your photo, or try different sized photos to get it just the way you want it, but I found it pretty straight forward. So if like me, you are tired of the same old Gmail interface and wanted more options, a custom theme might be just what you need to give your Gmail that little extra kick.