I am kind of surprised I have not blogged about this before, as I have told many people about this trick. Let’s say you go to power on your desktop or laptop and nothing happens, or you get an amber light on the power light. There is one trick you can try, it may or may not work, but what have you got to lose.
- First, make sure your computer is fully powered off, you may need to hold the power button in until it shuts off, depending on your situation.
- Next, remove the power supply or power cable. If you have a laptop, remove the battery and unplug the power cable. If you have a desktop just unplug the power cable.
- Then hold the power button in for 30 seconds or longer. If you do not hold it in for at least 30 seconds the power trick will not work.
- Once the proper amount of time has passed plug your power supply back into your computer. If you have a laptop, you would also want to put your battery back in at this point.
- Try powering on your computer, if it still does not come up then the problem is more complicated. If it does, then you are in business.
This trick sounds really weird, but it often times works. Espeically when if your house lost power and your computer crashed. Typically this trick works really well for getting your computer to power back on. I have used this to fix several computers, and I can say it works a lot of times.